Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

The morning started with a busy trip to the splash pad. The kids love to fill buckets with water and run around trying to avoid getting too wet. I finally convinced Jena to run right through one of the fountains, but they still think it is more fun to run from the water instead of towards it. We are just glad the park is finally open so we have another place to visit during the summer. After a few hours the kids got their fill of water and sun. Then we went home to wash up and we were just in time for the baby sitter to come. Today was the first night we left Cody with an actually sitter (besides Grandmas). I was nervous for the first fifteen minutes or so until our Chinese massage started. Then I was far too relaxed to worry! Next we enjoyed dinner at a Japanese tempanyaki restaurant. I always love watching them slice, chop, throw and set food on fire :) When we returned home everything was perfect and the kids hardly missed us... well Cody might have felt differently. Since it was late, we decided to have dessert the following day. I saw a post of this amazing cookie dessert and figured I'd give it a try. I didn't have everything she talked about, but we loved them anyway and I will totally make them again. YUMMY! For my last birthday in my twenties, this was the perfect day!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Happy Birthday Jeanne! I'm glad you had a fabulous day! I had this grand plan to make it over and bring you birthday wishes, but it turned out to be a crazy busy day for me! Will have to go out for breakfast soon to celebrate our birthdays together!

xoxo