Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Rice Krispy Treat Jack O' Lanterns

With all the rain this week, I felt the girls needed to do something exciting. And what could be more exciting than playing with marshmallows and chocolate? We started making the rice krispie treats like normal, but before adding the rice krispies we took a little portion out and added green to it. Then we added orange to the rest of the marshmallows followed by the rice krispies. After greasing the waxed paper and the girls hands, we started shaping the pumpkins. Taylor was not a big fan of the stickiness, so I shaped hers for her. When we finally got to the stem part the green marshmallows goo wasn't quite smooth anymore, so I heated it a little more in the microwave and it was back to normal. Add the rice krispies and then finish the pumpkin stems.

Then the chocolate part... I warmed the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth and then spooned it into plastic baggies. Snipped off the end and decorated away. Here are the results.

I helped her with the three on the right and Taylor made the two on the far left by herself.

Jena and I made a vampire pumpkin on the top left, then she made a werewolf pumpkin and a silly pumpkin. Then on the bottom is a sad pumpkin, another vampire pumpkin and an alien pumpkin.

And now on to the eating part :)

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Holy Cow Jeanne! You've been busy blogging! I was so used to seeing the family hike :) I need to get busy too!!!
I love all of the pictures and crafts- so cute!