Friday, October 22, 2010

Mystery Reader

I signed up to be a mystery reader in Jena's kindergarten class. Since it was right before Halloween I found this cute book "Room on the Broom" and brought it to read along with "There Was An Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything." I got to the school and they called the class to get everyone ready. When I reached the room they were all ducked down waiting to be surprised to see which parent would be coming. When they raised their heads, Jena seemed a little shocked to see me, but she was really excited to sit at the front with me while I read the books. It was awesome! I can't wait to go in to her class again.

Since the witch in the story was so sweet and shared with all her new friends, I decided to make these little hats for all the kids. The had a treat and spider ring inside. A little hot glue, some black construction paper cut into circles, stickers... and here are some little goodie witch hats!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Those little hats are super cute - what a fun surprise for jena!

Nicki said...

That mystery reader sounds fun! What a great idea... and I LOVE your hats! You're so cute, Jeanne!