Friday, September 18, 2009

How to mess up TOAST


This morning Taylor came to me with a sad look on her face wondering why she hadn't been fed yet. I asked her if she wanted waffles, toast, eggs... TOAST! Okay, in the toaster goes the bread. The toaster finishes, add some butter, cut off the crust, fold it in half (just the way Ryan told me she likes it) and off she goes with the toast on a plate to watch some cartoons. A minute later she comes back and hands me the toast. A few minutes after that she convinces Ryan to help her. I hear, "You want some toast" from the other room. The toaster sounds, Ryan butters it, cuts the crust off, folds it in half and... she eats the entire thing. Really? I still don't know what exactly I did wrong, but then I decided I could take it two ways. I could be hurt that she doesn't like how I fix toast or I can realize that I now have one less thing "I" am in charge of in the mornings :)

3 comments:

simplysarah said...

That is cute, and intriguing. What goes on in these little minds of theirs! :)

Taryn said...

The second view is definitely the smarter one! That is too much!

saraandkevin said...

i'll have that 4 breakfast please! Mmmm!