Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Our New Pet?!?

Ryan came home to find a little friend waiting next to the driveway. We debated what to do with him and then figured that animal control would be the best people to answer that question. They figured it was a King Snake, but after looking on many websites we think it was a Pacific Gopher Snake. Luckily, they go after rodents and aren't dangerous unless you push them around. So, we left our little friend there to digest his recent kill. Maybe he's still around in the yard or maybe he's found a new hunting ground.

As long as he's not poisonous and as long as he eats as many rats as possible... he can stay as long he wants, even if he was over 3 feet long!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yikes - poisonous or not it would still pretty much scare me!

Nicki said...

do me a favor though and keep your "pet" to yourselves, don't send him down to my house!! I would FREAK out if I saw that snake!

Sunny said...

Yes. A snake is a snake to me. Garter. Rattle. I think they are all scary.

And I think your kids are getting so big. Pretty unbelievable. What a cute bunch you are Sadleir family.