Friday, August 21, 2009

First Day of PreSchool

Today, Jena had her first day of Preschool. Ever since Joy School ended she has been very excited to start a new school. She headed off with her backpack and snack inside. We can hardly believe how big she is getting...

But before we could get to her classroom, she had to try out the playground...

After meeting her teacher, the first thing she wanted to do was play with the blocks.

Three hours later, Jena and I had a conversation in the car that went something like this...

Mommy - So how was your day at Preschool?
Jena - We got to put marbles in the marble jar.
Mommy - Was that if you were good today?
Jena - Yeah.
Mommy - What else did you do?
Jena - I drewded a dinosaur. Look Mommy look. Then I drewded a snowman and I drewded a butterfly.
Mommy - Did you get to paint?
Jena - Yeah, I got my hands really dirty.
Mommy - Did you eat all your snack?
Jena - No, I got full. I did eat the cheese and crackers. I dipped the crackers in the water and it was really good. I like water with crackers, I love it.
Mommy - Did you get to play on the playground?
Jena - The merry-go-round?
Mommy - No, the slides and swings.
Jena - Yeah, we went outside and I rode a bike. There was a bike that was mine and I rode it. Mommy, I'm hungry. I have a snack here in my backpack. Oh, carrots, I like carrots.
Mommy - Did you like your teacher?
Jena - Yeah, she's a good one. She let me play and eat my snack.
Mommy - What was your favorite part about preschool?
Jena - Going outside.
Mommy - Do you want to go again?
Jena - Yeah I do, when it's Monday again.

What and exciting day and what a cute little girl!

7 comments:

The Graf Family said...

Jena is just darling!! She is getting so big. Kids and their conversations are priceless. Enjoy every minute!!

Heather said...

Can you believe that you have a preschooler? Sounds like she will do great in school!

I am liking how your blog looks!

Heather said...

How cute!! What a doll. =) Preschool is such a great time, both for them AND you!!

Taryn said...

I love the conversation! You'll be so glad that you wrote that down for later when your memory of it is gone! How adorable! I'm excited for Jena! And she's looking so much older. Isn't it sad?

Miquelyn Hollingsworth said...

What a cute conversation! Jena is so cute. I can't wait for conversations like that.

Trisha B said...

That is so fun! Ashlynn is starting preschool in September and is so excited too. I love those cute conversations!

simplysarah said...

I love the conversation. Super cute little girl, and super cute mom.