Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

This year my dad picked out the girls Halloween costumes... Jena was a rose and Taylor went as a Stargazer Lilly. They looked so sweet as they ran house to house in search of candy (or at least Jena ran house to house). This was the first year we did more trick or treating than the trunk or treat at our church. There is an area near us that seems to be the Halloween hub. Everyone fully decorates their homes and I heard that some spend up to $500 in candy (it's good we don't live on that street). We figured we had to check it. We were amazed with all the lights, decorations, police on horseback and the amount of people that were everywhere. One house was decorated to look as if it was an Old Western Saloon. You could barely see the house in the background. Others had spooky scenes from movies, but I couldn't tell you which ones (even not so scary movies are scary to me). Taylor just looked around with amazement at the commotion as Jena followed the crowds of people up to each house. On a quieter street Jena knocked on a door and after a fast "trick or treat" she said "where's the candy!" I guess she got the point of what the whole dressing up, decorating and running around was really about the CANDY!

Our Little Flowers

Jena the Rose

and Taylor the Lilly!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Ok - I can't believe that Taylor needs new clothes sizes already - she is just too tiny! Also, tat girl is one crazy climber! Jeesh!
the girls look so cute in their costumes and I wish that we had a street like the one you went to visit!

Miquelyn Hollingsworth said...

The girls look so cute! Hope you had fun!

The Graf Family said...

I am glad I don't live on that street either. Yikes!! Your girls look adorable! Happy Halloween!

Taryn said...

I love their costumes! They looked so cute! I love the big lily on Taylor's head! Too cute!

Adventures in Healing said...

I'm finally stopping by your blog! I love the name of it. Made me think of art class. =) What cute ideas for costumes. They look adorable. I want to come trick or treating with you next year just to see that neighborhood!

Heather said...

They are adorable!! Isn't it great that they don't have to wear coats over their costumes, so everyone can see how cute they are?!