Sunday, June 22, 2008

Holly Crap!

When mommy and the girls were in Vegas we noticed that my younger siblings like to teach their nephew and niece somewhat questionable phrases. Such as "Guess what?... Chicken butt, guess who? ... Chicken poo." While the rest of us were quite amused, my sister was very irritated with the group of teenagers and adults that were encouraging this behavior. Well, earlier this week Jena was riding her bike around the table.  She was chasing Taylor and laughing as she gained speed around the turns.  She turned around one edge and realized she was going way to fast (don't worry grandmas, it wasn't that fast) and ran straight into the ironing board (mommy was feeling crafty this week and mommy only irons when she sews).  A little startled with the impact, she exclaimed "holly crap!"  Now I was sitting on the couch at the time thinking, "did she really say that?" and then she looked at me and said it two more times.  She followed this by saying, "mommy I do it again, crash and then holly crap?"  So apparently she sensed I was somewhat amused and figured she might as well try it again.  Luckily I dissuaded her from the idea and came up with something else for her to do.  I realized that I need to mask my amusement, so that a funny incidence doesn't become a never ending habit because at that point I'd be the one not laughing anymore.


1 comment:

Taryn said...

That is too funny!!!!!